Thursday 21 July 2011

Summer Must Haves :D

Wanna know what is in my beach bag this summer?

Ok so these are a few favourites for the season for a couple of reasons...


Summer's here and we all want to go to the beach or the pool... Well, there are some rules to wear makeup in the summer. Even if you are not going into the water, extreme heat can turn you beautiful makeup into a horrible hot mess.

That said, forget the heavy foundation that could melt or sweat off your face. However, if you still want some coverage, go for a tinted moisturizer. It has light coverage, but is better than no coverage at all and it won't sweat off your face. My favourite is You Rebel Lite from Benefit. It's perfect for summer since it has SPF 15 :) Of course, if you are insanely pale like me, don't forget to wear a higher SPF under it.

So as a insanely pale person, of course one of my favourites had to be a bronzer... :P I've really been liking the Matte bronzing powder (Honey Bronze Collection shade 01) from The Body Shop, it suits my skin tone very well. It looks natural, and for the summer, it's allways good to have a sun kissed glow... And I don't want to burn my skin and dammage it so... yey XD

Your lips can sun burn as well... But we usually dont notice it. So it's important to protect them and to hidrate them... That makes the Sephora's Nectar Shine Lipglosses (in the photo: lichi shine and papaya shine) your best friends these summer. They're hidrating and have SPF 8... Plus a gorgeous color to your lips ;)

Summer, beach, pool, heat... That asks for a waterproof mascara! It's the only way it wont fade or smudge during the day... I've been using L'óreal Volume Million Lashes Waterproof. I really like it.

I'm trying to go more lightweight on makeup this summer... And I find the Sephora Colorful palette in Almost Nude perfect for that look. Gives you a bit of a sheen to your eyes, but not too much.

And my favourite color of nail polish for this summer of course: Sephora's nail polish in L10 Jealous... It's a beautifull deep coral. Corals are always a good color for summer :D

Ok, that was kind of long... I hope I didn't bore you to death lol... but these are my picks.
I want to know your picks as well, it doesn't have to be makeup only. Leave comment bellow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment